Sean M. Libby
Sean is a legal advisor and litigator who works with employers to help them achieve their business objectives. To that end, he provides counsel regarding employment and labor law issues; drafts non-compete, non-solicit, and various other employment-related agreements; develops and leads training to help prevent workplace disputes and compliance issues; and zealously defends employers, should litigation arise.
- Successfully defended a family-owned retail company in a federal suit alleging national origin discrimination.
- Worked with a large restaurant chain to resolve Title III ADA claim.
- Helped pharmaceutical company structure and implement multi-state reduction in force.
- Regularly defends collective actions involving Fair Labor Standards Act claims.
- Provides counseling and assistance to service-industry clients to ensure compliance with various federal and state employment laws.
Sean has achieved favorable outcomes for clients in jurisdictions throughout the country in the full range of employment-related litigation. He devotes a large portion of his practice to defending employers in harassment and discrimination lawsuits brought under federal law, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He also routinely works with employers on matters involving the Fair Labor Standards Act and Family and Medical Leave Act. Sean works with a wide-range of employers nationwide, including companies in the hospitality, communications, pharmaceutical, and other service-related industries. Sean is a member of the firm’s Hospitality and Service Industries Group. The Group specializes in issues unique to the hospitality and service industry, including wage and hour, immigration, and harassment/discrimination litigation.