Training, Litigation Avoidance, Handbook Review, Etc.
The Public Sector Group assists public employers in designing, updating, and revising personnel policies and procedures, grievance and appeal procedures, and employee handbooks, to ensure legal compliance, minimize liability, and facilitate effective management techniques.
We also design and conduct training programs for our clients in a wide variety of areas relative to employment law, such as:
- Anti-Discrimination and Other Aspects of EEO Compliance
- Avoiding Workplace Harassment Claims and Conducting Investigations
- Conducting Background Checks
- Avoiding Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims
- Overtime, Comp Time, and Other Aspects of Wage and Hour Compliance
- Family and Medical Leave Compliance and Disability Accommodation
- Complying with Military Leaves Requirements
- Open Records Act Compliance, Records Retention Requirements, and Documentation
- Our Firm
- Practice Areas