Elarbee Thompson’s roots lie in the representation of companies in traditional labor matters. Since the firm’s inception, we have emphasized a preventative approach by working closely with our clients to develop policies and practices that support maintaining a union-free environment. And when needed, we have successfully assisted clients in combating union organization efforts.
The depth of our experience is reflected in the number of Labor Relations matters in which we have represented management during the last decade - 250 union campaigns, 500 unfair labor practice cases and 1000 grievance arbitrations. We routinely practice before the NLRB on administrative charges and have argued over 40 reported cases in front of the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals dealing with labor issues.
Our Labor Relations Practice will:
- Emphasize a positive and collaborative labor relations approach
- Assist in collective bargaining negotiations to achieve broader management rights and work assignment flexibility
- Provide training to management on rights and responsibilities under the NLRB and union contract(s)
- Offer legal support before the NLRB and state labor agencies
- Prepare strike plans and procedures to continue operations during work stoppages, picketing and strikes
- Advise unionized employers regarding plant closings, relocations, or subcontracting
- Handle arbitrations, collective bargaining, contract administration, and injunction proceedings
- Develop training, policies and practices to maintain a union-free organization
- Provide dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration